Wednesday, September 17, 2008

9-11-2008




7 years since 9-11 and so much has changed. I still remember where I was on 9-11-2001. I had just moved back home from San Antonio and had started my job at Hopkinsville Community College that week. My boss Greg came in and told me a plane had flown into a building in NYC- we had no idea what else was to come. We watched in horror on the news in the back room of the library, spent the day trying to get on the CNN site online but everything was backed up. We were wondering what was going to happen next. Being close to Ft. Campbell we knew lots of things there had been shut down- just in case.


It's hard to fathom how our world changed that day. The sudden burst of patriotism was wonderful and unfortunately has faded somewhat. I think 9-11 was one of those life moments that our parents talked about when we were growing up that anytime someone mentions it you will remember where you were, what you were doing and how you felt.


This year I scrapbooked for a couple of hours with my friends in Clarksville and we talked about 9-11, where we were and all of that. After we were finished I met, Pat, Frank and the boys at Ft. Campbell where they played at the water park and on the playground. Josh got sick spinning on the swings so we came home a little early and they took a nap.

No comments: