Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18th First Day of Preschool

Check out these handsome boys!!!!
Jake is ready to go see Mrs. Robin and see what fun stuff she has for him to do today. He's looking forward to seeing Josh on the playground too!
Jake above, Josh below- such big boys!




the new back packs...
Josh is anxious to get going. Jake was up off and on all night so he was ready to go back to bed!


Josh getting ready to head off for school and hanging up his back pack below.


Jake hanging up his back pack
Jake and Mrs. Robin Jake got a little upset and cried a little after I dropped him off and I went back to calm him down and I got upset too- he wanted to come home. They said he would be fine and I waited outside the door and he was fine in no time. Dianne went to check on him and said he was doing good. When I got home Mrs. Robin called and said that another little girl sitting with him got upset and started crying and it upset him and that is why he started. She said he was doing good and had told her about a cash register he had at home and all kinds of stuff- said he was talking up a storm so I felt better. She said he was looking forward to riding on the bus too.
Mom and the boys...
all ready to go! They wanted to ride the bus when they saw it come down the street but I told them I was going to take them today and get them settled in their rooms and they could ride the bus in the morning and they said that would be nice. They crack me up! I can't believe how big they are already!

Josh getting settled in Mrs. Lindsey's class.

Frank was at work so I recruited Mom early this morning to help me get the boys to their first day of school. The boys kept asking if Frank was going to come but I told them they were stuck with Mom and Granny! ;) She held onto Josh for me while I got Jake settled. Josh looked in to see what Jake's class looked like before we made our way down to his room. They were big boys and did great.
Jake getting settled in Mrs. Robin's class.
Well it's official. My baby boys are in preschool now. :( I did fine until I saw the other Moms all teared up then it just hit me and I teared up too. The boys were amazed at all the Moms and Dads that were crying and Jake asked what was wrong with all of us. He didn't see me cry but I think he heard in my voice that I was sad.

1 comment:

Kiesha said...

They look adorable with their new backpacks. I love the backpacks. Roo wanted one so bad but they aren't allowed to have backpacks till next year.
I am so glad they were ok about staying. I'm sure they will love school. I can't believe this is Ruben's thrid week.

How did they do getting up so early?