Monday, January 14, 2008

Sad Day...


It's a sad day at our house. We just got home from the vet's office. We had to take our dog Bogie to be put to sleep. My Mom's little dog Bubbie has been sick so we ended up having to take them both in but they are better off now. Just sad... Marla
this is an old old 8.5X11 scrapbook page- one of my first so don't laugh at it. That's Bogie and in the window at Mom's house you can see Bubbie and Baby with him when we came to visit from San Antonio. We rescued him from the Animal Defense League in San Antonio in 1995 and he was like our first child.
Bubbie was also rescued- I sold a house for a family and the dog had showed up on their doorstep. they were going to take him to the pound and he was just too loving of a dog so I got a plane ticket and flew him home to my Mom and Dad. He was a sweetie and everyone who came to visit wanted to take him home with them.
We had to have Baby put to sleep on Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary last Feb. She had missed my Dad since he passed in 2001 so I guess now they are all together.
We don't have any dogs now so maybe we can take a trip to Florida to visit my Aunt and Uncle before Mom adopts another dog. I can't remember a time in my life that Mom didn't have a dog- at least an outside one. the first inside dog was Benji, a schnauzer we got when I was in grade school. Anyway, it's been a sad day.... Marla

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

I am so sorry about Bogie and your loss. I know he was the best dog ever. Every time we get a low-rider brown dog in I think of him. What a funny dog :) *hugs*