Monday, January 21, 2008

busy weekend....


but not much fun.... I got tired of opening cabinets and things falling out, I realized that all the stuff I use in my kitchen is at the top of the cabinet and being 5'1" that doesn't make much sense. so I got the bright idea to clean out some things and get more organized.

Yesterday I took everything out of our small bathroom and reorganized everything. I threw away a couple of bags of stuff and got a bag of stuff to donate. Then I decided to move to the kitchen. I took everything out of all of my kitchen cabinets- top and bottom!!! What a mess!! I should have taken pictures but it was just too much to deal with! Midway through I had to take a break and run to walmart for more stuff to use for storage in the cabinets. When I got back and saw the mess I couldn't believe what I had gotten myself into!! I got back to work and got rid of all of my non-Longaberger serving bowls, platters, plates. I got rid of tons of stuff! I have the whole back of my van loaded with stuff to donate and our trash can is running over, my Mom's is running over and trash day isn't until Friday so I've got to take a break on cleaning out stuff for a while.

the boys had a bit of a cold the past few days but seem to be doing lots better. We didn't go to Sunday school and church yesterday to be safe. After we played play-doh all morning the boys got cabin fever and we ended up going to lunch at Burger King and made a Sam's run to stock up on stuff. Frank had two days off in a row so the boys really liked that and I got a little time to do some cleaning that has been neglected far too long. I've got a Longaberger party here at the house Thursday so I've got to get busy cleaning up things that people actually see now! They are wound up about getting together to play with Ruben again soon. They say we might wake to snow so we'll see! ;) Marla

No comments: