Monday, December 28, 2009

Going... going.... Gone!!!



This has been the talk of the town lately.... seriously! As part of the Guthrie Beautification process they asked the owner of the KY Lotto store to remove the Cow with Sunglasses that has been in the parking lot as long as I can remember. He also owned the minit mart just a bit farther up the road. The parking lot there was home to a large Pink Elephant.

I cannot count the number of times I have given directions to friends and told them how to get to Elkton based on these two landmarks. Ie: "Take the next left past the cow with sunglasses. If you see a pink elephant you have gone too far!" I will have to start telling them to follow these crazy road signs in the future. ;) I just wish I had been there to get a picture of them going down the road! lol!

$32.59 for generic brand cigarettes? Aside from why would you want to, How do people afford to smoke these days? (sorry, just amazed at that price!!!)



I have heard that there are several petitions to get the animals placed back in the parking lots. While I will admit I'll miss having such outstanding landmarks to use to give directions I'm fine with saying- Goodbye old friends... it was fun while it lasted! ;)

1 comment:

6L's said...

awww, what a shame!